When I think of co-ords, I probably think back to when I was a kid and my mum made me these colourful floral pattern sets – a short and a peter pan collar shirt – a style many people did not like back then, I remember how much I loved those sets. The memories of those matchy sets made me to purchase these ones but this time around, I had some pointers to consider.
Co-ordinates also known as matchy-matchy, two-piece sets, co-ords have seriously taken the fashion world by storm and as a stylista owing a fashion statement piece is essential. Co-ords are match made in heaven; they are versatile and can be styled differently.
Why you are going to love co-ords?
1. The price of 1 for 3 – you have the bottom, top as 2 separate pieces and combination of both for a complete look.
2. They make life easier. Co-ords are lifesavers for day s when there nothing to wear.
3. There are different options of co-ords style, fabric and pattern from plaid to floral to mesh, knit, lace, faux leather, almost in any fabric you can think of – you have a wide option to choose from!
4. You can buy co-ords for different occasions and weather, so come rain, come shine; you have tonnes of go-to outfits to suit every occasion.
“Styling co-ords can get a little tricky. It all about finding the right balance and silhouette”.
– Find out the co-ords in fabric and pattern that works for your body type: As I stated earlier, I had few pointers to consider, my body type, the pattern and type of fabric aside knowing that I needed co-ords with shorts.
– Considering my body type – top heavy and petite, I opted for a low v-cut sleeveless peplum top and shorts in contrasting stripes. The top in horizontal stripes which is not suitable for top heavy but the presence of a peplum serves to slim the waist creating an illusion of an hour glass figured when paired with the shorts which were loose-fitted came in vertical stripes that tend to elongate the legs and illusion of a bigger bottom.
I love that this co-ords can be styled up or down, I had styled the two-piece set with a tie strap heels appropriate for a date night.
The top worn over a black turtle neck and black pallazo perfect for work or church
Related Post: LAYERING BLACK TURTLENECK
or worn on its own paired with a white pants.
The shorts paired with a t-shirt perfect for running errands when the heels are ditched for slides or sneakers.
Black turtleneck – I cant remember where! Find similar from ASOS here
Sunglasses – Aliexpress
Trousers – Aliexpress
Top – Aliexpress
Shorts – Aliexpress
T-shirt – @bethapparel
White pants – Fashionnova
Shoes – Fashion nova (sold out)
Shop my closet:
Sleeveless stripped top
Handmade customised T-shirts to suit your style.
I hope you love this post! Hope you’ve fallen in love with co-ords already? Which look is your favourite?
Please like, share, leave a comment! I would appreciate it if you do!